Our Tool Library makes it easy to get started with CAM in Fusion 360. After downloading and importing the file, your Fusion 360 Tool Library will include definitions for all of the Bantam Tools milling tools we sell in our online store. You can then use these tool definitions immediately in the toolpaths you create for your project.
For more information on how to use Fusion 360 with the Bantam Tools Desktop PCB Milling Machine, take a look at our Fusion 360 guide.
Download the tool library here: Tool Library 0.3.zip
This .zip archive contains two files: a .json file used in Fusion 360 and a .hsmlib file used for Inventor HSM and HSMWorks/HSMXpress.
The tool library contains definitions for the following tools:
- 1/8" Flat End Mill
- 1/16" Flat End Mill
- 1/32" Flat End Mill
- 1/64" Flat End Mill
- 1/100" Flat End Mill
- 1/8" Ball End Mill
- 1/16" Ball End Mill
- 1/32" Ball End Mill
- 1/64" Ball End Mill
- Metal Engraving Bit, 0.005"
- Collet Nut
How to Install our Tool Library into Fusion 360
Download the tool library and unzip it. It will contain two files: Tool Library.json for Fusion 360 users, and Tool Library.hsmlib for HSM users. (The filenames may change depending on the version of the tool library you’ve downloaded.)
In Fusion 360, switch to the CAM workspace. Then open the Tool Library from the Manage menu in the toolbar.
In the CAM Tool Library dialog, click the Local library, then click the Import Tool Library button in the toolbar. It's the second button in the toolbar, with an arrow pointed downward into a box.
Find the .json file you just downloaded and click Open. The tools should now appear in your library.
To reduce clutter, we recommend unchecking all the boxes except for the Tool Library. This will cause Fusion 360 to show only Bantam tools when you go to select a tool.
0.3 (November 3, 2015)
- Changed 80° engraving tool tip diameter from 0.001" to 0.005".
- Changed 80° engraving tool shoulder length from 0.1" to 0.587".
- Changed 1/16" flat end mill flute length and flute-to-shank taper lengths from 0.25" to 0.2".
- Changed 1/16" ball end mill flute length and flute-to-shank taper lengths from 0.25" to 0.2".
- Changed material for all tools from HSS to Carbide.
0.2 (July 7, 2015)
- Fixed a bug that caused the Collet Nut to appear larger than expected.
- Reduced the Body Length of tools to 1 in.
- Included a .hsmlib version of the Tool Library for Windows users.
0.1 (May 12, 2015)
- Initial Release.