The Conductive Single-Axis Plan Probing routine allows you to align your plan along each axis of your stock or part. This is useful for secondary milling operations (like performing a “flip”) or for setting the Z height of your job on a specific feature of your material (such as engraving on a machined surface).
1. Import and set up your design file.
2. Fixture your material to the bed and make sure that there is direct electrical contact between the material and the bed of the Desktop CNC Milling Machine.
3. Install a 1/4” or 1/8” probe and perform a tool touch-off.
4. Navigate to the Plan Placement tab and select the Single-Axis Probing. A window will pop up that looks like this.
5. Roughly position the tool along the axis you would like to probe using the jog menu to the right.
6. Then click the corresponding Probe button in the menu on the left to locate the material edge using conductive probing. When the probe stops, click the corresponding Set Zero button.
7. Finally, retract the probe using the jog controls, and repeat along the other axes as necessary.
Please sign in to leave a comment.