Advanced Plan Placement Probing Routines
The subscription package of the Bantam Tools software comes with the advanced boss, bore, and rectangular probing routines (in addition to the automated routines included in the base package). These plan placement routines help you to set up jobs even faster.
The Rectangular Outer Corner Probing routine is similar to the Conductive Stock Probing routine, but requires fewer steps. It allows you to align your plan to one of four corners of your stock or part. This is useful when your G-code work coordinate system (WCS) is configured to a location other than the front, top, left corner of your Setup.
- Import and set up your design file.
- Fixture your material to the bed and make sure that there is direct electrical contact between the material and the bed of the Desktop CNC Milling Machine.
- Install a 1/4” or 1/8” probe and perform a tool touch-off.
- Navigate to the Plan Placement tab > Plan Offset Probing Routines > Rectangular Outer Corner.
- Select the corner you wish to probe in the popup window, jog the spindle over that corner, and click the Start button.