Our Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Fixturing Pallet is a 11” x 9” x 0.75” conductive plate that expands the work area of the Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Milling Machine. This means you can use the Desktop CNC Milling Machine’s full 7” x 9” x 3.5” working volume to machine larger aluminum parts—or even set up a mini assembly line. You can also use the following fixturing accessories:
Bantam Tools Destop CNC Low-Profile Vise
Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Beginner's Vise
Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Dowel Pin Set
Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Strap Clamp Set
Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Toe Clamps and L-bracket
To install the Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Fixturing Pallet, you’ll need the hex key that comes with your Desktop CNC Milling Machine. Like our T-slot bed and removable spoilboard, it's easy to install and remove.
1. Remove the tall alignment bracket, toe clamps, and stock from the T-slot bed so you can access the screws.
2. Use the hex key that comes with the fixturing pallet to remove the six screws holding the T-slot bed to the pallet receiver.
3. On the underside of the Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Fixturing Pallet, there are two notches that line up with the pegs on the pallet receiver. Line these up and place the fixturing pallet on the receiver.
You’ll also notice that there are spaces on the underside of the Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Fixturing Pallet where the threaded holes aren’t machined all the way through. This is intentional and ensures that the conductive loop in the Desktop CNC Milling Machine is bridged properly.
4. Once you’ve aligned the fixturing pallet with the pallet receiver, put the six screws back in place and tighten them using the hex key.
You’re now ready to set up your job!
When you're finished, connect your computer to the Desktop CNC Milling Machine and launch the Bantam Tools Milling Machine Software (if you haven't already). Go to the Initial Setup tab. In the Brackets and Accessories dropdown menu, next to Bed, select "Fixturing Pallet," and watch your real-time software preview update.
The Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Fixturing Pallet offers you a variety of workholding options and works well with these accessories:
- Desktop CNC Low-Profile Vise with aluminum soft jaws and end stops
- Desktop CNC Beginner’s Vise
- Desktop CNC Dowel Pin Set
- Desktop CNC Strap Clamp Set
Alternatively, you can use the toe clamps and L-bracket that come with your Desktop CNC Milling Machine. To learn more about using these fixturing methods with the Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Fixturing Pallet, check out our Fixturing guides.
Additionally, you can also install our Bantam Tools Fixturing Pallet Hole Plugs into the threaded pin holes on the pallet to prevent chips and debris from getting lodged in the holes. This will ensure that the holes in this machine bed are always ready to use. We carry these steel M6 plugs in our store. To install these plugs, use the M6 hex key that comes with your Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Milling Machine.