The Conductive Probing routine allows you to align your material along each axis of your stock or part. This is useful for secondary milling operations, like performing a flip. Before you start using this probing routine, you'll need to install and locate your 1/4"-diameter probe. If you need more information about how to do this, see our Installing & Locating a Tool guide.
1. Import and set up your design file.
2. Fixture your material to the bed and make sure that there is direct electrical contact between the material and the bed of the Desktop CNC Milling Machine.
3. Install a 1/4” or 1/8” probe and perform a tool touch-off.
4. Navigate to the Material Placement dropdown menu and select the Single-Axis Stock Probing. A window will pop up that looks like this.
5. Roughly position the tool along the axis you would like to probe using the Jog menu to the right.
6. Then click the corresponding Probe button in the menu on the left to locate the material edge using conductive probing. When the probe stops, click the corresponding Set Zero button.
7. Finally, retract the probe using the jog controls, and repeat along the other axes as necessary.